Re: 2 Buffer Cache Questions

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 6 May 2005 11:33:08 -0700

That's a good thing, but of course, myths abound, in books as well as the net. That's why so many people advise testing things for yourself to learn, as you are so excellently doing. http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:::::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID:2170006092044

> Here is the script I used, it's from
> http://www.pafumi.net/multi_buffers.htm
[snip]
> ---------------------------------------
>
> I found another version that had just about the same results from
> "everybody's favorite DBA:"
> http://www.dba-oracle.com/art_builder_buffer.htm

[snip]

The first script is pretty useful. I can guess you were trying to use the second script to get to 100%, so I guess you were concerned about not being able to get there - since that script didn't have a pool identifier, after "explaining" the pools, it, um, muddied the water. Hopefully learning about the various pools plus Richard's answer has made it more clear.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
No one ever got fired for choosing IBM.