clean up deleted database - RAC

From: SG <ab_at_cd.com>
Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 17:54:16 GMT

I'm running 10.1.0.3 RAC Std Edition on Redhat 3.0 update 4 OS. After some trial and error configs with ASM I finally got a test database running. However, I had some failed attempts using dbca and when trying to recreate a database with the same name, I got more errors. I've had the same issue on stand alone db's and manually cleaned up the db directories to make it work. Prior to retrying dbca using the same name on RAC setup, I cleaned directories if they were there, but still get errors during dbca. Therefore, I had to use a different name to get a test db running. So, where else do I need to look for references to another db after deleting a database using dbca? I suspect something with the cluster services but am not sure. Please advise.

TIA SG Received on Fri May 06 2005 - 12:54:16 CDT