Re: All tables

From: Holger Baer <holger.baer_at_science-computing.de>
Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 15:43:36 +0200

Madhivanan wrote:
> Rauf,
> select name from v$database;
> gives the error
>
> ERROR at line 1:
> ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
>
> Chris,
>
> SELECT * FROM DBA_TABLES
>
> gives the error
> ERROR at line 1:
> ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
>
> Madhivanan

You've got excellent advice, however, let's take one step back: You do know, what a database and a schema in Oracle mean, do you? It's easy to get confused if you're more of the MS SQL Server persuasion. (You don't say so, but when I read your first post I immediately thought of SQL Server, of course I might be wrong).

Roughly speaking, a database in SQL Server can be compared to a schema in Oracle.

Cheers
Holger Received on Fri May 06 2005 - 08:43:36 CDT