Open cursors

From: dk <dkight_at_comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 14:30:42 -0400

I have a situation where sql is executed from a java client to an Oracle 9.2.0.5 database. We have open cursors set at 1000 and session__cached_cursors set to 0. The java code is executed many times throughout the day. However, we are having to re-cycle our app because of ora-1000 errors. It looks like each time a sql statement is executed a new cursor is opened up(we are using bind variables). My understanding is that by setting session_cached_cursors to 0 we actually are getting a default of 50. My understanding is that session_cached_cursors contains cursors that have been used/closed/cached whereas open_cursors are cursors that have not been closed.

Does anyone have any idea why the sql is not being reused??? Received on Thu May 05 2005 - 13:30:42 CDT