recover from ASM flash_recovery

From: Sauron <zlo_at_mordor.hr>
Date: Thu, 05 May 2005 15:37:38 +0200

Hi!

I have RAC 10g with 2 nodes, and VOL1 for data , VOL2 for flash_recovery, backups,.. (VOL1, VOL2 are ASM..)

For test, I drop db, drop VOL1, and I made restore, recover

everything goes fine

but when I start rman, I can't tell rman to read autobackup from
'+VOL2'
finally, I put "restore spfile to pfile '..' from
'+VOL2/path_to_controlfile_backup/s_345.777.34343'' which I before
sign up from backup

I wonder, is there a way to tell rman to use +VOL2 and search for autobackup alone?

catalog not work because db is not in mount state...

any ideas?

maybe to use ASM alias for files? Received on Thu May 05 2005 - 08:37:38 CDT