DBA on multiple Databases

From: nsr <narasimha.chandramouli_at_holool.com>
Date: 5 May 2005 03:06:25 -0700

Hi All,

    How will be the career oppurtunities for DBAs on multiple databases..i am a coredba on MSSQL for past 5years and i have a great desire to work on Oracle as a dba..i have enough skills for that.. But the issue is i have just 1 year experience as a DBA in multiple databases.. In several Interviews (of top it mncs) when i asked for a role of DBA on multiple databases, they almost disagreed with me saying

it is not possible anywhere..u should stick to only one database environment..

  I would like to know 3 things..

  1. With my present skills can i get a career of my choice as a DBA on

multiple databases?
  2. If my current skills are not sufficient..what i need to learn to become a core Oracle DBA..?

  3. What is the career chain of a DBA? mean what are the growth opportunities for a DBA? like DBlead etc..

 I thank inadvance for all valid suggestions..

nsr Received on Thu May 05 2005 - 05:06:25 CDT