Re: What is the best method to collect EXPLAIN PLAN for a lot of SQL statement

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Thu, 5 May 2005 09:52:05 +0100

<dominica_at_gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1115256129.754966.230680_at_o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... In 9i there is a new view V$SQLPLAN which will contain the plans for your statements. I'd recommend that you use that for the upgraded db.

For the 8i part of it I guess you'd need to write some sort of script to populate plan_table with tyhe plan for each statement (generating a new statement id for each).

I'd suggest not bothering with comparing plans until you have identified those statements that perform poorly after the upgrade.

HTH

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA