Re: Oracle LDAP Question

From: Maxim Demenko <mdemenko_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 22:27:09 +0200

amerar_at_iwc.net schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> I've been asked to install Oracle LDAP on 8i.
>
> Ok, I have no clue about where to start. I grabbed a script of
> Metalink and tried to compile it and received the following errors:
>
> 9/22 PLS-00201: identifier 'DBMS_LDAP.SESSION' must be declared
> 9/22 PL/SQL: Item ignored
> 10/22 PLS-00201: identifier 'DBMS_LDAP_UTL.PROPERTY_SET_COLLECTION'
> must be declared
>
> 10/22 PL/SQL: Item ignored
> 11/22 PLS-00201: identifier 'DBMS_LDAP.STRING_COLLECTION' must be
> declared
>
> 11/22 PL/SQL: Item ignored
> 12/22 PLS-00201: identifier 'DBMS_LDAP.STRING_COLLECTION' must be
> declared
>

> I can only assume that this means something is not installed in the
> database that should be.
>
> Any help on what I am missing and where to look for install
> instructions would help.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Arthur

Hi, i have no idea what kind of script you grabbed on Metalink, but you should definitely start with
http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/A87860_01/doc/network.817/a86101/toc.htm http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/A87860_01/doc/network.817/a86082/toc.htm

It would be helpful to understand, what you really need installed - Oracle Internet Directory or simply some LDAP functionality within the database - the former one you can do with Oracle Installer ( there is an option to install OID ), for the second one you should run $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin/catldap.sql ( it calls prvtldh.plb,dbmsldap.sql and prvtldap.plb and creates basically DBMS_LDAP and DBMS_LDAP_UTL , which allow your to do ldapsearch from PL SQL, but you can not act as LDAP Server - for those purpose , again , you should install OID.

Best Regards

Maxim Received on Wed May 04 2005 - 15:27:09 CDT