Re: 2 Buffer Cache Questions

From: <RogBaker_at_gmail.com>
Date: 4 May 2005 08:33:00 -0700

I don't know if size is the problem. I am using Oracle 9.2 I am the only user in the db. (I did have to make the cache pretty small by the way). I have 2 tables that I am playing with: HARITEMS and HARPKGHISTORY. They both are quite small.

According to Oracle, they both have the same number of blocks: SQL> select segment_name, blocks from dba_segments where segment_name in ('HARITEMS','HARPKGHISTORY');

SEGMENT_NAME BLOCKS

HARITEMS                8
HARPKGHISTORY           8

TOAD tells me that
HARITEMS has 7 Blocks, 0 Empty Blocks
HARPKGHISTORY has 1 Blocks, 6 Empty Blocks

yet when I run the aforementioned scripts after select * from either table, it will only tell me that 100% of HARITEMS is in the Buffer Cache. Received on Wed May 04 2005 - 10:33:00 CDT