SQL Loader

From: <thomas.wolfram_at_gmx.de>
Date: 4 May 2005 06:38:17 -0700

I want to read a data-file (text) with SQL-Loader into a table. It works fine with the exception for numerical data. The datafield in the oracle table is defined as NUMBER(8,3) but in the textfile I have no decimal point, only 8 characters. e.g. Textfile -> 00012000 should become 12,0 in the database.

In the control file for loading, I have specified to Position   menge_soll POSITION(251:258) xxxxxxxxx

What have I to use for the xxxxx. If I use DECIMAL the error message will uncorrect number of bytes. The term EXTERNAL has no effect due to the missing decimal point.

Any help is welcome.
Thanks

Thomas Received on Wed May 04 2005 - 08:38:17 CDT