Re: Unable to install Oracle 9i on solaris 9

From: <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 3 May 2005 20:22:33 -0700

des..._at_gmail.com wrote:

> I am trying to install 64bit Oracle 9i DB server on a 64bit solaris 9
> box. The universal installer goes through till about 85% (in the Link
> phase) and then chokes with a target ioracle failing. I looked
through
> the log files, and noticed that there were some ld's that were
failing
> with this message:
>
> ld: fatal: file /dev/zero: mmap anon failed: Resource temporarily
> unavailable
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target
> `/export/home/app/oracle/product/9.2.0/rdbms/lib/oracle'

Just a guess. Show us `ulimit -a`. Try setting your memory limit to unlimited if it's not. /tmp should have plenty of space. Check that *at the time* the error occurs, not after it. It may help if you set TMPDIR to somewhere else so /tmp won't be used too much. Increasing your swap space should also help.

Yong Huang Received on Tue May 03 2005 - 22:22:33 CDT