Automatic Mirroring of Rollback Segment(s) and Control File

From: Meh-Lit Kim <mehlitkim_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 3 May 2005 14:48:36 -0700

Dear Gurus,

Oracle's documentation mentions that it can automatically mirror online Transaction Logs.

I'd like to know if Oracle can be configured to mirror the Rollback segment(s), or do we have to rely on mirrored disks to avoid having single point of failure for rollback segment(s) ?

What about Oracle's control file ? Can they be automatically mirrored and updated when they change ? (The doc seems to imply that one has to manually copy Oracle's control file)

Thanks! Received on Tue May 03 2005 - 16:48:36 CDT