Re: parallel query

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 3 May 2005 08:47:03 -0700

Eugene wrote:
> So, you are saying that I will not be able to use parallel query with
> noparallel clause at the table level. Since nobody answered for a
long
> time, I've asked Tom Kyte the same question and the answer was: YES.
> http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:15898147502902143558:::::
>
> I am confused now,
> Eugene

The previous poster is confused, so you shouldn't be. Using the /*+ PARALLEL */ hint will process the query in parallel, even if the tables are created 'noparallel'. Believe Thomas Kyte, as he's as reliable as you can get. As for the previous poster, he needs to read up on how the hints work, and that a parallel hint on a table with a DEGREE set to 1 still processes that particular hinted query in parallel.

The answer to your question, again, is yes.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Tue May 03 2005 - 10:47:03 CDT