RMAN Question

From: <amerar_at_iwc.net>
Date: 3 May 2005 07:23:46 -0700

Hi,

We are implementing RMAN. I've run into a few test cases where I received the following error:

RMAN-06089: archived log
/u01/app/oracle/admin/mpcpilot/arch/arch_1_145202.arc not found or out of sync with catalog

I am not sure how this happened. I got around it by running this small script:

run {
allocate channel for maintenance type disk; change archivelog all crosscheck;
release channel;}

Here is my question: Whould it be feasible to run a crosscheck command before each RMAN backup and check the log file for any errors before the actual backup begins?

Thanks,

Arthur Received on Tue May 03 2005 - 09:23:46 CDT