Re: v$session.program

From: <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2 May 2005 21:07:34 -0700

I would be interested to know whether anything other than JDBC thin driver, such as OCI, can change the program column value in v$session. Note:147413.1 has code that uses JDBC thin driver to achieve this, by setting a property "v$session.program".

I'm not sure why the program name part changes to "?", as if the server process has intentionally modified its own argv[0]. If you write your own program, I believe you can do it (by setting the second argument of exec() to "?"). But I don't know if Oracle OCI can do that to Oracle.

Yong Huang Received on Mon May 02 2005 - 23:07:34 CDT