10g OCP: Installation Performance Enhancements?

From: Mr Sunny Guy <xsun0417guy_at_lycos.com>
Date: 2 May 2005 17:28:08 -0700

People,

I went here:
http://www.oracle.com/education/certification/objectives/40.html

I see this topic:
Describe installation performance enhancements

I'm drumming my fingers on this one.

The only 'performance enhancement' I can think of is that they have the 1 cdrom install.

I assume that it's quicker than the multi cdrom install I go through with 9i.

Also I notice that the pre-configured database installs (General Purpose, DW, Transaction Processing) are pretty quick. I assume this is so because they have some data files which they just pull out of a hat rather than running long sql scripts like catalog.sql

I'm not sure this is an enhancement though. Does the 9i install make use of the ready-to-go data files?

And back to the original question...
For 10g, What are the installation performance enhancements?

-Mr. SG Received on Mon May 02 2005 - 19:28:08 CDT