Re: ORA-10631: what does it mean?

From: Koki Sarmiento <kokisarmiento_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2 May 2005 17:19:13 -0700

steph wrote:
> Row movement is enbaled. No triggers based on rowid. I checked the
> manual - these are the reasons given, why it wouldn't work.

There are a few more reasons referenced in the manual:

  1. "Shrink operations can only be performed on segments in tablespaces with automatic segment-space management" (Defaul in 10g for segment-space management is manual).
  2. Not supported for tables with function-based indexes.
  3. Also check restriccions on the shrink clause (page 889 - SQL Reference):

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B14117_01/server.101/b10759.pdf

Regards,
koki Received on Mon May 02 2005 - 19:19:13 CDT