Re: Dress code for DBA's

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 2 May 2005 17:02:05 -0700

Joel Garry wrote:
> I liked my Timex Data Link better when it could read flashing lights
> directly off the CRT (before Windows NT disallowed that).
> http://www.timex.com/html/data_link_faq.html
>
> I think anyone who doesn't use a timepiece with computer
communication
> abilities should have their nerd-certification revoked.

Now you have me thinking!

I had one a long time ago until an unfortunate encounter with a tree on outer limits while doing my best Sonny Bono impression ... (guess not quite good enough).

The new ones do look pretty sweet!

Joel, since you are apparently the expert I have a couple of questions ...

Can you get 10g cooking on the latest ones?

If you run it as a standby database do you have to pay anyone anything?

Are they as hacker proof as Howard's site is/was?

Do they have a built in HDTV widescreen capability yet? Received on Mon May 02 2005 - 19:02:05 CDT