Re: Dress code for DBA's

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 1 May 2005 21:43:41 -0700

fitzjarr..._at_cox.net wrote:

> > > Timex Ironman works for me ... about $25 dollars US.
> > >

> > I don't have a wrist watch - my mobile phone gives me everything I
> need. And
> > I wear jeans and a t-shirt ;-)
>
> Mine was a gift from my wife, so it's special in that regard. Also,
> like having a watch on my wrist even though I run my life out of a
Palm
> m125. I simply opted to have on my wish list timepieces of quality
and
> precision (TAG, Breitling) rather than wrist jewelry that can
possibly
> keep time (Rolex).

Although fond of using my Dad's autowind Rolex on special occasions - the darn thing is 40 years old and I remember it since I was a kid - I still think my cheap Swatch Irony Aluminium has served me well. It's got 4 years now and hasn't missed a click. Set it twice a year for daylight savings and forget it.

When all else fails the batphone is pressed into use. And the day I find out how to make a PalmIIIx keep time accurately, that one will also be used!
Ah yes, the notebook synchs with an atomic clock whenever it is plugged anywhere near an Internet connection.

And I'm still late every now and then... Received on Sun May 01 2005 - 23:43:41 CDT