Re: Dress code for DBA's

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-downwithspammersfamily_at_attbi.net>
Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 09:23:51 -0700

"Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com> wrote in message news:4274f2cc$0$303$cc9e4d1f_at_news-text.dial.pipex.com...
> <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net> wrote in message
> > Possibly, but it isn't the status symbol the Rolex has become over the
> > years. In my personal opinion a Breitling is a far superior timepiece
> > to the Rolex, but it hasn't garnered the same appeal in the
> > "high-dollar" circles.
>
> Of course a Breitling is the most appropriate for a dba - see
> http://www.centrexcc.com/ for details.
>

> --
> Niall Litchfield
> Oracle DBA
> http://www.niall.litchfield.dial.pipex.com

Rolex is a nice looking watch, but the quality standards are crap. My wife, a jeweler, worked with a watch repairer and he was always repairing Rolexes and Rado, and Phillipe Something or other. He liked Seiko, Breitling, Citzen because they came in for battery replacement and very little in repair.

I had to buy a new Seiko. The old one I bought in 1981 and last year I had to get a new one. The problem was the watch guy (different one) replaced the battery and didn't replace the O ring. So the darn thing flooded and eventually the salt water corroded the insides. It was a SCUBA diving watch. So I bought a new one. It is fairly plain but is titanium. Nice and light, and corrosuin resistant. (except in a high O2 atmosphere)

Jim Received on Sun May 01 2005 - 11:23:51 CDT