v$session.program

From: Wolf Grossi <ng-wg_at_magro-soft.com>
Date: Sun, 01 May 2005 11:50:43 +0200

Hi all,

how do I set the processname of a unix oci program (Oracle 8 and 9) in v$session.program?

I checked the DBMS_APPLICATION_INFO package, but it appears not to be appropriate to set the column v$session.program.

After browsing many v$session.program related infos in Metalink, ng's and the web, it appears that it is not possible to set the v$session.program column from an oci-program.

Is this true or did I overlook something?

If it is true, how does sqlplus and other orcale tools populate the v$session.program column?

Thanks for reading
Wolf Received on Sun May 01 2005 - 04:50:43 CDT