Re: Copying DBs between heterogenous environments

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-downwithspammersfamily_at_attbi.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 20:01:27 -0700

"FireHawkBr®" <firehawkbr_at_gmx.net> wrote in message news:Xns964771849B573firehawkcom_at_204.153.244.170...
> Em qui 28 abr 2005 20:36:13, "FireHawkBr®" <firehawkbr_at_gmx.net> disse que:
>

> > Is there some possibility to make this ?
> > Using some dd command directive ?
>
> No more possibility ?
> And is there some "unsupported" method ?
>
> Tks

Let me see if I understand what you are trying to do. You want to use Dataguard and use it on two machines with different OS's and hardware. Presumably you want to use Dataguard to protect the data. Now you want an Unsupported method to accomplish this task. Do you want to protect the data or not? Your architecture defeats your goal. Jim Received on Fri Apr 29 2005 - 22:01:27 CDT