Re: How critical is RAC experience

From: Dave <sorry_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 20:54:04 GMT

Also sprach DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> :

:> Is CRS required to run RAC. Obviously not ... we don't use it here.
:
:Your statement reads something like:
:"Is PMON required to run the database. Obviously not ... we don't use it
:here."
:
:No CRS ... no RAC.

What if one is running another Cluster solution, such as VCS (veritas)? I know on my demo system, where I am running 9i RAC with 2 nodes, I do not have CRS running, yet I daresay I have RAC?

Isn't CRS properly part of 10g, and not in 9i?

Dave Received on Fri Apr 29 2005 - 15:54:04 CDT