Re: Comparison between Quest CENTRAL and VERITAS indepth Oracle

From: <dominica_at_gmail.com>
Date: 29 Apr 2005 11:28:44 -0700

Hi Daniel,

Let me tell you what happen.

My work has database G1 and G2.

G1 always has a lot of CPU load (is always suddenly spike up) , and
G2 has very little CPU load, and
the strange thing is the consistent get in G2 is 2 million per minutes versus G1's consistent get is much small.

The question is , my work try to nail down what is causing this high CPU usage.

Usually, when one kind of process run.
That process will choose certain columns from one table, and dump to a temp-table. And when it is done. the temp-table will use the UTLFILE (oracle pl/sql package) to write to file system as file delimited file or "comma" delimited.

I kind of feel it is that process, there are multiple of those processes running . But I have trouble narrow down what thing to remedies this situation.
I already look at the V$latches and found there is no contection in the latch.

I am new to these 2 databases, I just start this job recently.

Thanks,

Dominica Received on Fri Apr 29 2005 - 13:28:44 CDT