Re: Business justification for Oracle db server?

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: 29 Apr 2005 06:48:08 -0700

Malcolm Dew-Jones wrote:
> Oracle doesn't magically make things better. In particular it
doesn't
> magically provide you with an up to date inventory, or automatically
back
> itself up, or generate web sites out of thin air.

I know where you are coming from, but Oracle Database 10g does automatically back itself up - admittedly you need to put a tick in a box requiring this, and HTMLDB very nearly creates web sites out of thin air, and jpub very nearly creates code out of web services (except I can't get it to bloody work.)

It still doesn't make the coffee though, despite having that java in the database logo.

Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA
http://www.niall.litchfield.dial.pipex.com Received on Fri Apr 29 2005 - 08:48:08 CDT