Re: Import hangs with 12801 oracle 8174

From: Koki Sarmiento <kokisarmiento_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 28 Apr 2005 16:23:45 -0700

Teresa wrote:
> After trying to import an entire schema fromuser touser the import
> which was more then 50% hang with IMP00017 IMP 12801, there was not
> other message, I dont know what was causing this, then I killed it
and
> did the rest of the tables manually. This is for solaris 5.8 and
> oracle 8.1.7.4
>
> Can someone please help
> Thanks
> Teresa

Looks like bug:1548982
This problem is introduced in 8.1.7.3 though.

Maybe you didn't install patch set 8.1.7.4 correctly. try running catalog.sql and catproc.sql again.

You can also workaround the poblem by specifiying indexes=n in your import command and then run script to create indexes manually, until you find a permanent solution.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Koki Received on Thu Apr 28 2005 - 18:23:45 CDT