Archive Error

From: rc <rc_at_spam.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 11:46:37 +0100

Hello

We use Oracle 8.1.7.4 on Soalris 8 Sparc

When the system is under heavy load i.e millions rows are being added or deleted, we get the following error on the later log, to do with the archive log process

ARC1: Failed to archive log# 1 seq# 17153

But later on we get

ARC0: Completed archiving log# 1 seq# 17153

The actual operation completes and delete or adds the number of relevant rows to the specified table.

Under normal day to day operation there is no error in the alert file regarding this.

Now, I am guessing that it is caused by too may log writer trying to (possible config error on the init.ora ?) write to the archive log area.

AFAIK the log writing process is a process sequential

Can any one shed any light on this.

Thanks Received on Thu Apr 28 2005 - 05:46:37 CDT