Re: Data Centre Failover and Oracle Grid

From: Bernd Haug <haug_at_berndhaug.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 21:00:47 +0200

DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote:
> A day ago you didn't understand what the mem interconnect had to do with
> RAC.
No offense, but you seem to have me confused with the OP, Alex White.

> Today you are screaming GB/sec. The mem interconnect issues are not
> around bandwidth ... they are around latency.

I distinctly remember asking:

>> considering proto overhead are not enough? Or is it the expected latency
>> when you have (nodes) - (switch) - (router) - (switch) - (wan endpoint)
>>  - (switch) - (router) - (switch) - (nodes) the obstacle?

In fact, [1]I know not too little about networks and the different problems we face with them (and why BW isn't everything).

It's Oracle where I'm lost, but I have Docs and am willing to read, so that's going to change.

> I admire your willingness to learn so decrease the volume and see
> if you can get the RAC docs from OTN. Also see if your SE can get
> you some of the various white papers published by the RAC Pack.

Ummm, I'm not asking things all the time, esp. rarely at high volume. Also, I have just started posting more than a few lines at a time today.

So, thanks for the answer with the docs pointer, anyway.

lg, Bernd

[1] ...like to think that... Received on Wed Apr 27 2005 - 14:00:47 CDT