SELECT ANY TABLE except from these schema

From: Rick Denoire <100.17706_at_germanynet.de>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 00:15:45 +0200

Hello

All users of one database usually get the privilege "SELECT ANY TABLE"
(assigned thorugh a role). But now a special schema exists, which
should be excluded from general access.

Now, it seems that this privilege must be revoked and replaced by object privileges for all tables of all allowed schemas. This is cumbersome because for any new table created, again an additional object privilege must be granted.

So my questions:
Is it possible to exclude some schemas from the SELECT ANY TABLE privilege?
Can object privileges be granted schemawise as a joker? Something like: GRANT SELECT ON THIS_USER.*
(I don't think this is possible but you understand the idea).
Can I define a role to mimic all SELECT privileges of a user on his own schema? (I mean without having to manually grant individual object privileges).

In summary: Is there a more elegant way to grant the access as described without having to track individual tables?

Thanks a lot
Rick Denoire Received on Wed Apr 27 2005 - 17:15:45 CDT