Re: index creation fails because temp tablespace is too small

From: Dutch_alien <arian_at_bearen.demon.nl>
Date: 27 Apr 2005 12:43:51 -0700

Hi Jonathan,

Thx. I appreciate the explanation, and gives me some things to try out.

Most of all, it made me wonder how sort_area_size is related to it. (Background: One of my customers is using W2K, and we keep running into the 2/3Gb memory limit).

But I think that would be more suitable for a new thread. So I'll be doing some testing with unique indexes, constraints and sort_area_size. I hope you'll be around to comment on my test results in a week or 2.

Regards,

Arian Received on Wed Apr 27 2005 - 14:43:51 CDT