Re: index creation fails because temp tablespace is too small

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 15:35:42 +0000 (UTC)

Assuming it's a simple heap table, and most rows will appear in the index.

For each column in the index, find the average data size, and add two Sum the results
Add 12 to the total
Round up to a multiple of 4
Multiply by the number of rows in the table.

That's a ball park figure for the TEMP you will need.

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

Public Appearances - schedule updated April 5th 2005