Re: slightly OT: another free oracle resource profiler

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 27 Apr 2005 07:59:47 -0700

How does it compare to this one ... ( which I just checked out yesterday ) ...

http://oracledba.ru/orasrp/download.html

I tried the above one yesterday with a big trace file and it works really well ... a very nice (free) addition to tkprof ...( disclaimer ... only 1 test with very limited time looking at results ).

Now tkprof does work well (and since they added in with 9i the wait events that is a big improvement) ... so that tool combined with a free resource profiler is a tool everyone should have in their arsenal.

Giovanni, can you contrast and compare what your tool does against that one?

Thanks John Received on Wed Apr 27 2005 - 09:59:47 CDT