Re: Data Centre Failover and Oracle Grid

From: Bernd Haug <haug_at_berndhaug.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 10:12:33 +0200

DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote:
> Alex White wrote:

>> All I can say is that the connection between each data centre is a
>> 10Gb dark fibre, and the distance between sites is about 60 km.

> Then what you propose is technically impossible given any sum of
> money your management will be willing to provide you.

 > 1.125 GIGABYTES PER SECOND (please don't mind my screaming) considering proto overhead are not enough? Or is it the expected latency when you have (nodes) - (switch) - (router) - (switch) - (wan endpoint)

What is required to run RAC with multiple Datacenters? Infiniband with pretty short cables?

Please excuse my newbie surprise[1] (I'm a Sysadmin (Solaris, Debian/RH Linux, Mac OS X) rather than a DBA), but I am trying to catch up on Oracle since I will be managing the systems beneath a RAC, probably on ASM storage, pretty soon.

Right now I'm reading DB principles and 2dDBA in my "spare time" (yeah right, spare time), so you can see my current skill level. ;(

lg, Bernd

[1] read: horror Received on Wed Apr 27 2005 - 03:12:33 CDT