Re: How much data can you put in v$session_longops

From: <bdbafh_at_gmail.com>
Date: 26 Apr 2005 16:05:12 -0700

"v_$session_longops supports OEM's progress bar"

You really are a gui-loving Mac guy, aren't you?

I don't really seeing a view owned by sys as supporing a piece of SQL issued by a GUI app. The view is created during catalog. The GUI app may depend upon the view (probably a synonym on it, a tab_priv or two) but to think of a view supporting app code is pretty backwards to me. I don't think that one is going to find "OEM GUI App progress bar" in dba_dependencies.

btw - last time I checked, Oracle is still releasing patchsets on 8.1.7 in CPU 200504.

enjoy.

-bdbafh Received on Tue Apr 26 2005 - 18:05:12 CDT