10g 64 bit on AMD64/Linux--which Linux?

From: Mike <no email>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 12:13:55 -0500

Question for the early adopters out there: how is is 64 bit 10g on 64 bit Linux working out? Is our best bet Redhat, Suse, or pass on Linux for now?

We're currently running 32 bit 8.1.7.4 with a 3GB SGA on a Sun V880, Solaris 8. In the next few months we want to upgrade hardware and software to get more processing power per CPU and to allow a bigger block cache.

We'd like to jump to 64 bit Oracle 10g.

Sun's V40z looks very good to us on the hardware side. However AMD64 isn't supported on Solaris 10 until 10gR2, the release of which might not meet our timeline.

Opinions welcome.

Mike Received on Tue Apr 26 2005 - 12:13:55 CDT