QUESTION: 9i install: missed root.sh - can I run it after exiting OUI?

From: DW <dwhittier_at_shaw.ca>
Date: 26 Apr 2005 09:01:49 -0700

Hi there.

I'm in an environment where another group (in another office) has to run all root commands.

I installed a new 9i home yesterday, and had the OS group run root.sh.

I then patched to 9.2.0.6, and asked for root.sh to be run again. They must have left for the day, and so I left my workstation locked with the OK button in the last dialog visible - I figured I'd let it sit overnight, and then finalize the install when the OS group ran root.sh in the morning.

This morning, my OUI dialog was gone - not sure what happened.

Regardless: Is my install now broken? Can I have them run root.sh _after_ having exited OUI, or is the ordering of <install><root.sh><click OK> critical?

I thought I'd try reapplying 9.2.0.6, but that's not flying so far.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

DW. Received on Tue Apr 26 2005 - 11:01:49 CDT