Re: Successful login via SQLPlus produces a server error

From: g3000 <carlton_gregory_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 26 Apr 2005 07:30:02 -0700

well I know that I dont have any ON STARTUP or ON LOGON triggers from this:

SQL> select trigger_name, owner from dba_triggers where triggering_event='LOGON';

no rows selected

SQL> select trigger_name, owner from dba_triggers where triggering_event='STARTUP';

no rows selected

SQL> It is OBVIOUS that the user I am loggin on as (SYS as SYSDBA ) does NOT have the roles sams_base and sams_security granted.

My point is WHAT code is executing ( without it being an on logon trigger ) that causes this error just by logging in? Does it have to be one of those types of triggers?
Does 9i perform some kind of implicit check of object privs upon simply connecting?

The errror is in code that is in another schema.

Now when I grant sams_base and sams_security to sys with admin option I get an error saying role does not exist when I log on.

The error is a user defined exception string which leads me to believe the name of the role is misspelled in the code.

I just want to know how the code is executing. Received on Tue Apr 26 2005 - 09:30:02 CDT