Re: Strange open cursors for "select null from dual" on Oracle 9i and 10g

From: Michael Pfeifer <muchinger_at_web.de>
Date: 26 Apr 2005 07:09:47 -0700

"Joel Garry" <joel-garry_at_home.com> wrote in message news:<1113005162.246690.305260_at_f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com>...
> >After using the system for a while we get an error message on
> >executing a SQL statement. The error message tells that we are running
>
> >out of cursors. That simple ;-)))
>
> You must tell us the exact oracle error number. ORA-1037? ORA-1000?
> ORA-35564? Is the error being returned to you or is there something in
> the alert log? We are neither endodontists nor telepathists here.
>
> jg

Sorry for answering that late (I have been assigned to an even more pressing problem) and not being more precise. I always thought that there was only 1 error message regarding the number of open cursors - the classic ORA-1000. It is returned to our application which in turn shows it to the user. We did not get it from the alert log or similar. Received on Tue Apr 26 2005 - 09:09:47 CDT