Re: Temp tablespace Database File Overgrown (20 Gigs)

From: Walt <walt_askier_at_YerBootsyahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 09:14:48 -0400

DA Morgan wrote:
> Walt wrote:
>

>> On one instance, the size of the TEMP01.DBF file is enormous - over 20
>> Gigs (none of the other .dbf files are more than a gig or so)  This
>> has maxed out the disc space - apparently it's just grown until the
>> disk has become full.
>> Oracle 9.2 on W2k3.

> Just for fun ... share the results:
>
> SELECT tablespace_name, status, contents,
> extent_management allocation_type
> FROM dba_tablespaces;
>
> Just in case it isn't the obvious.

SQLWKS> SELECT tablespace_name, status, contents,

      2> extent_management allocation_type
      3> FROM dba_tablespaces;

TABLESPACE_NAME                STATUS    CONTENTS  ALLOCATION
SYSTEM                         ONLINE    PERMANENT LOCAL
UNDOTBS1                       ONLINE    UNDO      LOCAL
TEMP                           ONLINE    TEMPORARY LOCAL
USERS                          ONLINE    PERMANENT LOCAL
27 rows selected.

Well, I'm not seeing anything obvious...

--
//-Walt
//