Re: Can I, too, become an overpaid Oracle DBA

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 26 Apr 2005 05:50:26 -0700

It's much more about marketing and selling yourself than it is based on skill level and competencies or lack thereof. Once you have established customers that want you to come back ... bump up your rates.

How much money does it take to pay someone enough to spend the majority of your time potentially traveling away from home and children and family?

In a former life working for a big consulting company it was not un-common to take people right out of college with no real world experience at all and bill them out at 350 an hour. Is that not the same rate that a certain company bills their senior dba's at?

It's all supply and demand and marketing ... but customer's can also bargain down rates.

Caveat emptor Received on Tue Apr 26 2005 - 07:50:26 CDT