Re: Can I, too, become an overpaid Oracle DBA

From: Dusan Bolek <spambin_at_seznam.cz>
Date: 26 Apr 2005 01:12:54 -0700

> Which begat Mike Ault and Don Burleson. I visited their web site, and
felt
> comfortable again: they spoke of Oracle tuning as I remembered it
before
> Cary & Tom. Then I saw Don's billing rate: $550 / hour.

> So, perhaps Mike and Don are the nicest guys and treat their clients
nicely,
> but I do that too. And, at Don's insistence, I can wear a suit and
comb my
> hair, ride a horse, etc.

I do not think this is an outrageously high billing rate, I have seen bigger bills being
paid for quite ordinary (although not always bad) business consultants. So Mr. Burleson
is not selling himself too high (at least on European standards). Of course, current low
dolar is helping him when billing rate is being converted to Euro.

--
Dusan Bolek