Re: Configuring Shared Server Mode

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 06:50:09 +0200

On 25 Apr 2005 18:03:50 -0700, melliott42_at_yahoo.com wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I am having a problem making sense of the Oracle docs on how to
>configure Shared Server Mode.
>
>Can anyone please detail the steps and settings to change a database
>from Dedicated to Shared Server Mode in Oracle 9i (9.2.0.6) on a Sun
>Solaris system?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Michael42

Please don't request to abstract the docs. Rather ask clarification about those parts that are unclear. mts boils down to
- Configuring the large pool
- Configuring the dispatchers parameter

and that's it.
And various parties recommend not to use it when you don't have at least 250 simultaneous sessions.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA