Re: Rollback Segment Question

From: <amerar_at_iwc.net>
Date: 25 Apr 2005 09:35:57 -0700

I'd love to upgrade, but it is not my choice. :(

Anyhow, I think I found the answer. The rollback segment tablespace was created as locally managed, with an extent size of 1MB. So, it does not matter how I try and size my rollback segment, the next extent will always be 1MB.

So, I recreated the tablespace and segments with a larger extent size.

Additionally, why when I create the initial and next extent sizes of 10MB does it show that the initial extent is 20MB?

CREATE ROLLBACK SEGMENT RBS0
 TABLESPACE RBS
 STORAGE (INITIAL 10M NEXT 10M); select segment_name, initial_extent, next_extentfrom dba_rollback_segs;

SEGMENT_NAME INITIAL_EXTENT NEXT_EXTENT

RBS0                       20971520    10485760

Should it not create the initial extent as 10MB???

Arthur Received on Mon Apr 25 2005 - 11:35:57 CDT