Character set while export and import drives me crazy

From: Ralf Bender <ralf.bender_at_arcor.de>
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 10:19:07 +0200

Hello,

import and export are driving me crazy.

I've got a source database ORA 7.3 which I exported first with a character set in the enviroment variable US7ASCII. The original database was created with AMERICAN_AMERICA.US7ASCII.

I will import this to a target database ORA 8.1 with a character set of WE8ISO8859P1. After importing i loose all german special characters.

I try a second export and set the enviroment at the source database to GERMAN_GERMANY.WE8ISO8859P1. After importing I have also no german special characters.

Can someone tells me what I'm doing worng here or what's the correct way.

thx
ralf Received on Mon Apr 25 2005 - 03:19:07 CDT