Re: How to audit/trigger "ALTER SESSION" Statements?

From: Michel Cadot <micadot{at}altern{dot}org>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 19:51:46 +0200

"IANAL_VISTA" <IANAL_Vista_at_hotmail.com> a écrit dans le message de news:Xns964267301D0E6SunnySD_at_68.6.19.6...

| Yes, but the trigger "fires in the DB's background context";
| which really is separate & distinct from your session.
| Just because the DBMS_OUTPUT works for your "foreground" session,
| doesn't mean your session will see the output from a background session.
|
| In any case I demonstrated that the DDL trigger does fire as expected.

I clearly does not understand what you're saying. For me there is my session context and other ones. I see only what's in my context (as dbms_output buffer) and all what i executes (including the triggers and other recursive calls) are executed in my session context.
You can see that if you execute an "alter session" in a trigger then the session parameters modified by the trigger are also set in the "foreground" session after the return of the trigger and the "foreground" session does no more have its previous parameter values.

Regards
Michel Cadot Received on Sun Apr 24 2005 - 12:51:46 CDT