NESTED TABLE ... how to SCOPE?

From: Domenic <domenicg_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 24 Apr 2005 09:24:28 -0700

Does anybody know how to do this (I'm trying to simulate RI (scoping) on a nested table ... here is a generic example that doesn't seem to work completely ...

CREATE TYPE lookup_typ
AS OBJECT
(

   lookup_id NUMBER(1,0),
   lookup_desc VARCHAR2(100)
)
/

CREATE TABLE lookup_t
OF lookup_typ (lookup_id CONSTRAINT pk_lookup_lookuptyp PRIMARY KEY) OBJECT IDENTIFIER IS PRIMARY KEY
/

CREATE TYPE item
AS OBJECT
(

   item_id NUMBER(1,0),
   lookup_id REF lookup_typ
)
/

CREATE TYPE items AS TABLE OF item
/

CREATE TABLE any_table (regular column_list ..., column9 ITEMS) NESTED TABLE column9 STORE AS whatever
/

Can there be "RI" on the nested table on the lookup_id column? How can it be scoped at the table level. Oracle does not seem to allow scoping at the CREATE TYPE level.

At this point I get stuck. I can't seem to insert or do anything without getting errors. I thought the "OBJECT IDENTIFIER IS PRIMARY KEY" would get rid of those long OIDs Oracle generates, but no luck.

Any help would be appreciated. I don't think the object-relational features of Oracle are that well documented. Thanks ... Dom Received on Sun Apr 24 2005 - 11:24:28 CDT