Re: 10g RAC - fail over test issue

From: Jesse <jesjdavis_at_gmail.com>
Date: 23 Apr 2005 12:51:09 -0700

I would have to agree with Daniel's original thought. We have a two-node RAC system (9.2.0.4 on Win2k3) and each node has 4 1GB ports (2 onboard and 2 PCI cards). 2 ports are used for the public interface and 2 are used for the cluster interconnect. Both pairs are load-balanced/fault-tolerant using the HP NIC software. For each pair, the members are connected to separate switches (CISCO 3750 series). We'd have to have a pretty significant hardware failure for the servers to completely lose their connectivity (and at that point, we'd have a lot of other problems... the database would be the least of our troubles).

Long story short... even using cheap hardware, you should be able to provide redundant NICs for each node. Received on Sat Apr 23 2005 - 14:51:09 CDT