Re: ORA-27101 and ORA-12640

From: Randy Harris <randy_at_SpamFree.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 17:48:42 GMT

<markg_at_bolthouse.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I am running into the following errors when attempting to start Oracle
> 8.7.0.0>
>
> Ora-01034 Oracle Not Available
> Ora-27101: Shared Memory Realm does not exist
>
> According to the oradmin.log, I also am getting error: ora-12640
>
> This started yesterday after a restart of Oracle. I have tried starting
> oracle from DBA Studio and have re-created the Oracle Service using the
> oradmin command, but I get the same errors
>
> Your help is much appreciated.
>
> Thanks

I'm not an expert, but I would be inclined to ask what you mean by "have re-created the Oracle Service using the
oradmin command". What happened to the original service? Is it still there? Is it running? You're not going to get the instance to initialize if that service isn't running. Have you rebooted the system? Does the service start at boot?

My philosophy is to look for the simple problems first. You can always go on to look for more complex ones later. Received on Sat Apr 23 2005 - 12:48:42 CDT