Re: ORA-27101 and ORA-12640

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 17:03:35 +0200

On 23 Apr 2005 07:35:29 -0700, "markg_at_bolthouse.com" <markg_at_bolthouse.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I am running into the following errors when attempting to start Oracle
>8.7.0.0>
>
>Ora-01034 Oracle Not Available
>Ora-27101: Shared Memory Realm does not exist
>
>According to the oradmin.log, I also am getting error: ora-12640
>
>This started yesterday after a restart of Oracle. I have tried starting
>oracle from DBA Studio and have re-created the Oracle Service using the
>oradmin command, but I get the same errors
>
>Your help is much appreciated.
>
>Thanks

8.7.0.0 has never existed.
The 'oradmin.log' file does not exist. The oradmin command does not exist.
How can anyone trust the rest of your post is accurate? Did you look in the alert log?
Likely your init.ora parameters conflict with available RAM,. and Oracle simply can't create the SGA.
Your post however provides no clue whatsoever. As a rule you should also look up error messages yourself, and post the associated message text, as no one knows all error messages by heart, and this is a volunteer forum.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA