Re: backup control file

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 16:59:43 +0200

On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 21:47:20 +0800, Brian Leung <c50342182003_at_yahoo.com.hk> wrote:

>Hi,
>If I use "alter database backup controlfile to trace", suppose I lose
>all control files. How can I recover from the trace file?
>Thank you

It depends on what you understand by 'recover from the trace file' As the trace file doesn't contain any information with respect to the SCN, applying the trace file will force you to open the database with resetlogs. You can't go back in time before resetlogs.

If you would look for one sec at the contents of the trace file, you will find instructions and a create controlfile command.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA